Custom Field Definition ID: bad value for restricted picklist field: RecordType

I am migrating objects from one org to another using the ant migration tool and came across the following error.

Custom Field Definition ID: bad value for restricted picklist field: RecordType

I thought it would be because I had picklist fields in the record type definition that didn’t exist, but I doubled checked my object model and it seems fine (took out 3rd party dependencies). Any idea what other reasons this might pop up due to?

UPDATE: I had pulled down the XML from the Force IDE, and apparently picklist values for each Account and Opportunity had converted a “/” to “%2F” and “,” to “%2C” in the picklist definitions in the record type section. The field picklist values remained fine with the “/” or “,”. Unfortunately, still getting the error. Wondering if I just have to manually audit all of the record type picklist values against the field definition in the XML 🙁

Answer

I had pulled down the XML from the Force IDE, and apparently picklist values for each Account and Opportunity had converted a “/” to “%2F” and “,” to “%2C” in the picklist definitions in the record type section. The field picklist values remained fine with the “/” or “,”. Unfortunately, still getting the error. Wondering if I just have to manually audit all of the record type picklist values against the field definition in the XML 🙁

Attribution
Source : Link , Question Author : Michael Welburn , Answer Author : Michael Welburn

Leave a Comment