Today I encounter a severe performance degradation on Metadata-API deployment speed on EU5. I’m waiting > 950 seconds (sometimes > 1500 seconds), when it usually deploys in < 25 seconds…
This is NOT usable any more.
Any idea what’s wrong on that Pod? On EU2 it works fine as expected. Only EU5 seems to be slow. On trust.salesforce.org there is no problem visible. My experience is, that Metadata-API issues are not all reflected there.
No premier support available – can’t report that issue.
Not really sure if it’s related but I found an earlier issue “related to asynchronious requests” which is flagged as “solved”:
Start Time: 13:53 UTC, Jun 17
End Time: 14:16 UTC, Jun 17
Detail: On June 17 , 2015, the Salesforce Technology Team observed an
issue affecting asynchronous request processing on the EU2 instance.
The problem began at 13:53 UTC and was resolved by 14:16 UTC. During
this time, a subset of customers may have experienced delays in
asynchronous processing including Web-to-Case, Web-to-Lead,
Email-to-Case, Email-to-Lead, and dashboard refreshes. Thank you for
your continued business and patience during this situation.
Root Cause: Cause: The problem was caused by a software fault in the
asynchronous queue management tier for the EU2 instance. Action was
taken to isolate the fault and normal asynchronous request performance
Actions to Prevent Future Incidents: The Salesforce Technology Team –
– Is investigating the cause of the software fault.
The issue persists. Today I tried to install 3 Managed Packages via ant. It took > 11 min (usually < 1 min). Deploying one APEX class took 882 sec (usually < 15 sec). Still no chance to report that issue, still no idea how to go on.
This is something that has been happening for a week or so on EU5 now.
It looks like salesforce changed the way it process the metadata queues, I.E. From an Asynchronous to none-Asyncronous, Therefor the queue now works the same way as the other queues in the system. You will be getting placed into the queue with everybody else and just have to wait for others to finish.
This is partly due to EU5 been a smaller instance server then others.
If you wish to get around this issue change the user local in the org and you will get a new instance. deploy at a quite UK time (not 9-5, Mon-Fri) Or If you already have a deployment and are just trying to work, Use mavensMate and compile using APITooling.