How can I permanently delete friends from my Facebook account?
To remove a friend:
- Click “Account” on the upper-right part of the screen
- Click “Edit Friends” (first option under your profile picture)
- On the left sidebar, under the “Lists” section, click “Friends”.
- Find the friend(s) you want to remove (you may need to click the arrows at the top or bottom of the list) and click the “X” button on the right.
- A message will pop up asking if you really want to remove them. Click “Remove”.
If you want to block someone, so they can’t contact you at all:
- Click “Privacy Settings” under the “Account” button on the upper-right part of the screen
- Under the “Block Lists” section at the bottom of the page, click “Edit your lists”.
- Type the name or email address of the person you want to block, and click the corresponding “Block This User” button.
- If you want to unblock them later, follow the same steps, but click the “(remove)” link next to their name/email address in the list.