I’m a bit of a force.com IDE newbie – still learning. I’m trying to migrate a simple custom object (no fields) from one sandbox to another and I’m running into this error:
# Deploy Results: File Name: package.xml Full Name: package.xml Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: Cannot deploy InstalledPackage in Package Manifest with any other types!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also recently upgraded to v.28 and get the same error for simply trying to deploy a single RecordType. The resulting message does not appear helpful as there isn’t any InstalledPackage entry within my package.xml file (see below).
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"> <types> <members>Case.Retail_Accounts</members> <name>RecordType</name> </types> <version>28.0</version> </Package>
As for installing a previous version of the Force.com IDE plug-in you must FIRST remove the current version.
- Go to the Eclipse menu Help –> About Eclipse and click the Installation Details button at the bottom left of the dialog box.
- Select the Force.com IDE and click the Uninstall… button and follow the instructions.
SECOND, install previous version of Force.com IDE:
- Go to the Eclipse menu Help –> Install New Software…
- Enter “Force.com IDE” in the Work With: box and it should return Force.com IDE – http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/. Select this option.
- Be sure to uncheck the Show only the latest versions of available software in the bottom section of the dialog. This should present with a full list of all versions of the API available.
NOTE: You will most likely need to create a new Force.com Project once you install a previous version (ie. v.27). I doubt the project upgrade wizard can handle the change backwards.
In the meantime, hopefully SF will issue a patch to v.28 to fix this
Hope this helps,