I’ve recently seen references to a black tab. E.g.
- BT link to org: https://na2.salesforce.com/00D300000xxxxxx?blacktaboid=00D300000xxxxxx
- BT link to managed package: https://na2.salesforce.com/033400000xxxxxx?blacktaboid=00D300000xxxxxx&tab=PackageComponents
Is this some internal Salesforce functionality?
The extra query string parameters seem to have no affect for me.
This is a tab available only to Salesforce employees, primarily higher tier support I believe, that they use to enable/disable specific features or adjust limits in customer orgs. See this blog post for a few details: http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2009/10/12/favorite-salesforce-black-tab-features/
Some of the functionality that can be enabled/disabled according to that blog:
- Enable API for PE orgs
- Disable auto-number fields from being incremented by unit tests
- Allow editing of LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedBy, CreatedDate and CreatedBy fields
- Disable security tokens
Some of the limits that can be adjusted according to that blog:
- Increase Apex Code limit beyond 2MB
- Increase standard daily e-mail limit
- Increase the allowed number of roll-up summary fields on an object
- Increase the allowed number of external ID fields on an object
- Increase limit on Web-to-Lead submissions