What is the RMSE normalized by the mean observed value called?

I have been using the Root Mean Squared Error (RMSE) to measure the accuracy of values predicted using a model. I understand that the value returned is using the units of my measures (rather than a percentage). However, I would like to quote my values as a percentage. The approach that I have taken is to normalize the RMSE by the mean value of my observations.

Is there a term for RMSE/mean ?


Yes, it is called the coefficient of variation. See this question for some discussion about
this parameter, or read the Wikipedia entry.

Source : Link , Question Author : celenius , Answer Author : Community

Leave a Comment